The uses of yogurt is known to all of us for health and skin. It is made by fermenting milk. Regular consumption of yogurt by anyone shows dramatic excellent benefits to skin and health. Regular consumption of yogurt is vastly recommended for the people suffering from gastrointestinal ulcers, acidity, or gastrointestinal reflux disease.
Facts about yogurt
- A single cup of yogurt provides 20 to 30 percent amount of riboflavin.
- Vitamin B12 is seen as the main factor that fights against a so-called misnomer disease called “cancer” caused due to deficiency of vitamin B12.
- A 6-ounce serving of yogurt provides 5 grams of protein per serving
Why are the benefits of yogurt?
It contains many minerals and vitamins that enriches its value and thus is useful in many ways.
- Yogurt is rich in riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, calcium, and protein.
- It contains bacteria which are good for health
- It improves and balances digestive system
- Bacteria in yogurt can actually help in the anti-aging process
- It helps with chronic skin conditions such as acne, and eczema.
- Because of healthy and wonderful nutrients present in yogurt, a yogurt face mask helps in glowing and youthful skin
What are the nutrients present in yogurt?
- vitamins B2, B5 and B12
- Lactic Acid
How the nutrients presents in yogurt are helpful?
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which help for gastrointestinal ulcers, acidity, or gastrointestinal reflux disease.
- It is an astringent(An astringent is a chemical that shrinks or constricts body tissues)
- It facilitates cell reproduction and tissue growth.
- It is effective for curing acne and pimples as it helps in regulating sebum which is produced by the sebaceous glands
- It plays a great role in making several skincare products
- It is a good exfoliate and skin moisturizer
- Works as an anti-aging agent by reducing emerging wrinkles and preventing new wrinkles from forming
- Calcium present in yogurt helps in healthy skin renewal. It prevents the skin getting dry and dehydrated.
- Yogurt is stocked in vitamins B2, B5 and B12
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin) ensures have glowing and healthy skin
- Vitamin B2 maintains skin dehydration
- It protects the skin cells from getting damaged due to free radicals
- It helps in cellular regeneration and growth and manufacturing of healthy cellular fats
What are the yogurt benefits for skin?
Yogurt is fantastic for the skin. The benefits of yogurt can be helpful by using yogurt as a facial mask.
It helps in hydrating the skin.
When you apply yogurt on the face, it locks the moisturizer that gets washed away from the face skin. The lactic acid present in yogurt helps hydrating the skin
The lactic acid regulates and prevents the production of the enzyme called tyrosinase. This enzyme results in production of melanin which in turn makes the skin darker. Lesser the melanin in the skin, brighter the skin tone
Yogurt is used as skin exfoliate because the lactic acid present in yogurt is the natural alpha hydroxyl acid. This acid helps in removing dead skin cells and stimulates the cells to renew faster.
Cures acne, pimples, and vanishes dark spots
- The zinc present in yogurt reduces skin inflammation and regulates sebaceous glands that produce oil in the skin. This oil results in acne and pimples.
- The probiotics (Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for health) present in yogurt destroys bacteria in the skin.
- The nutrients presents in yogurt works out magically getting a blemish free skin
Get rid of dark circles under the eyes
- The zinc present in yogurt lightens the blemishes and scars enhancing the brighter tone of skin. Thus, it helps in lessening and removing the dark circles.
Infection free skin
- The lactic posses the antifungal properties. Thus, using yogurt face mask for 4 times a day for nearly 15 minutes helps to get the infected free skin. When the skin gets normal, just use the yogurt face mask once a day.
Relieves from sunburn
- Zinc alleviates the burning and itching sensation due to sunburn
- Zinc reduces the redness and inflammation balancing natural oil in the skin
- It suppress the UVB induced production of melanin
Why yogurt face mask is good for skin?
- Yogurt face mask contains potent antioxidants preventing free radicals that damages skin.
- The nutrients components in yogurt can delay the onset of wrinkles
- Lactic acid present in yogurt prevents skin from prematurely aging.
- Yogurt has mild bleaching powers that smoothes the discoloration
- Reduce blotches and age spots associated with sunburn
How yogurt can be effectively used in different facemask?
- It’s good for dry skin
- Finely grate or grind carrots and squeezed the juice of it
- Add it with fine soft yogurt and use it on face skin
- It helps rejuvenating the skin
- It is good for oily skin or dull skin
- It clogs pores
- Exfoliates skin
- Contains bleaching agents which helps in skin look brighter
- It is for normal skin
- It is a natural moisture preserving
- Locks the moisture preventing it getting dry
- It limits the wrinkle formation
- Possess antibacterial properties fighting acne and pimple
- Don’t use yogurt face mask if you are allergic to dairy products
- If you are allergic to alpha- and/or beta- hydroxyl acid,
- choose one that is plain, organically produced, and replete with fat
For more ideas to look after face skin, learn more………