India is known for its diverse culture and profound history. Part of rich Indian heritage is its traditional Indian attires that have been recognized worldwide. Lehenga, sarees, and salwar kameez is widely loved and worn in different parts of the world. Among many traditional outfits, the one that stands out for its elegance is churidar salwar kameez. It is a beautiful fusion of Pakistani and Punjabi suits. This attire is available in a large variety in the market and easily you can shop the latest churidar online or at your favorite nearby store.
This ensemble is quite similar to the traditional salwar suit. The three-piece garment consists of a tunic called kurta, a pair of pants called churidar, and a dupatta. Churidars are often referred to as slim fit salwars made of cotton fabric or leggings made with hosiery material. What makes them stand out from other straight-fit pants is folds at the bottom of the pants that resemble a bunch of bangles. Hence, the name churidar. These narrow fitting styles of pants are designed to fall along the contours of the leg.
Among many other salwar kameez styles, this style is particularly popular among younger-generation women because of its versatility and functionality. These dresses are perfect for all kinds of occasions. Whether it’s a day at work or a line up of wedding functions, it provides immense comfort and freedom of movement while your busying running errands. It can be worn mixed and matched with various types of Kurtis and still look fashionable. The best part is that unlike other Indian attires, this apparel is suitable for all body types. Whether you are tall or short, you are slender or voluptuous, it perfectly adapts to your body curves and conceals the part you are conscious of effortlessly. It takes away the attention from the height and makes short people look taller. It makes the wearer look elegant and flawlessly sophisticated.
Churidars are available in a wide variety. Different types of fabrics, embroideries, embellishments, patterns, motifs, and silhouettes are what makes each attire different from the rest. Here are some trendy and stylish churidar suit styles to consider.
- Anarkali style: This is the hottest trend these days. Since Anarkali Kurtis are a raging fad, women are opting for Anarkali churidar for various special occasions. The wide flare when paired with sleek pants, it looks gorgeous and elegant. Usually, Anarkalis come with embroidered or embellished neckline. This gives enhances the look of attire drastically making it appear luxurious and queenly. Don’t forget to pair this dress with traditional jhumkis to complete the look.
- Long slit style: This is another trendy style that is quite a trend these days. Women with a glamorous sense of style and fashion prefer this type of salwar kameez. Usually, a straight fit patterned Kurtis, with long slits on the sides or in the center. A fully embroidered kurta with long slits adds glamour and fashion to the traditional wear. These dresses look magnificent in festive celebrations and parties.
- Short Kurtis style: The best part about churidars is that it can be worn with all kinds of kurta. Long or short length, it looks equally trendy and elegant. Short tunics are particularly in fashion these days. They are perfect for women with a petite stature. A chic sleeveless Kurtis with a pair of leggings look perfect together. Team your dress with a pair of ethnic juttis or moccasins to complete your gorgeous look.
- Asymmetrical style: Unconventional silhouettes are in vogue. Women are reinventing traditional wear by experimenting with a variety of silhouettes that were never seen before. High-low tunics, frills at the hemline, and ruffled sleeves, these are all fresh fashion that is emerging as a new trend and millennial are adapting to it fast. They are using these unconventional designs to create a statement look. Kurtis with asymmetric silhouettes go perfectly with these slim leggings and look incredibly impressive. This look is certainly for those with a bold and edgy sense of style.
- Loosely stitched Pakistani style: This is a recent addition to the stylish churidar collection that is inspired by the Pakistani fashion world. Baggy Kurtis that are stitched to fit loosely has become a big trend among women, especially in summers. These over-sized kurtas look incredibly beautiful with tight fitted leggings and the best if you want to make a statement. This style will help you stand out in the crowd as you adorn this unique attire. Beautiful ethnic prints and dainty embroidery are perfect to go with these kinds of silhouettes.
- Jacketed style: This fashion comes and goes. Short jackets are also known as boleros have been in style for a long time. However, intrinsically designed and heavily embellished jackets in long length are now stirring up the fashion industry. These jackets look amazing with slim fit churidar dresses. You can ditch your usual dupatta to create this look. Any kind of jacket that suits your tastes and preferences can be worn. You either completely match it or pick a contrasting design to create a statement look. It is easy to dress up and dress down in such an attire. This opulent pick is perfect for wedding parties, festive occasions, dinner dates, formal galas, and more.
Apart from these designs, churidars with floral prints and embroideries, pastel shades, ruffled dupattas, ethnic motifs, geometric designs, and contrast shades are trending styles. We have given you a few reasons and trending styles to flaunt this gorgeous attire in your next big event. And don’t worry, these are a lot simpler to maintain when compared to other styles of salwar suits depending on the fabric it is stitched with. So, which one is your pick for the next big event? Let us know in the comments section below.
Let’s eye on some of the ideas that can solve the ways to look attractive and slimmer.